A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 9 September 2024

Tea with Books and Sunflowers with Horses

Sweet Stampin' wants to see "Beverages" and Shopping our Stash wants to see a "Just Because" card.   A friend gave me this stamp set as she thought it was perfect for me as a retired librarian - it's the first time I've used it so entering it in NBUS as well.

I coloured it in blue as I'm going to send it to my youngest sister who loves blue, tea, and reading as much as I do, and loves to get cards from me.

The image is coloured with coloured pencils and popped up on fun foam. The background is an embossing folder that went well with the scrolls on the tea cup.

I've also got a card for Double D "Sunflowers"

I stamped the image and coloured it with coloured pencils, bordered with black cs, mounted on a kraft card base, and added a white heat embossed sentiment on a scrap of black cs.

Grab Our Badge!  Grab our badge to display on your blog.  Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Cuttlebug embossing folder, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Impression Obsession horses, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, ColorBox white
Paper - white, black, and kraft cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, white embossing powder

7 comments:

  1. Two great cards Susan, I love the simplicity of the colours and layout on the first and the sweet image of the horses and sunflowers on the second xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🩵🩵🩵this!! I saw this at the NBUS Challenge and came by for a closer look. I would love you to come and play with us at the Park Hopping My Happy Place Challenge; our inspiration board this month is Epcot's Food & Wine Festival. When I am at Epcot I frequently by tea at the UK Pavillion We’d love to see your card in our challenge this month. I hope you'll join the fun! Have a creative week.
    Cheers, 🎨🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely blue design ... so very glad you shared your *just because* card with us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tea and a good book card and the image is perfect in blue Susan, and the background embossing goes beautifully...your sister will love to receive this I'm sure. The horses are so cute and some brilliant pencil colouring of them, and framed with the black on kraft complements it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely image, and I love your design! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card is so YOU, Susan ... and your sister. :) She will be so happy to get this card. Great colouring with pencils for both your lovely cards. I no longer have my set, so I will probably have to buy another. Jer hijacked mine for this school class. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tea and books stamp is perfect for you, Susan! How nice that you and your sister share that love! The horses and sunflowers is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.