A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14 September 2024

Colourful Christmas Tree

The new Peace on Earth mood board has a lot of colourful rainbow Christmas decorations.  I was inspired by the lower left image (see the mood board at the end of my post).

I stamped the tree and then coloured the little circles in a similar colour palette to the image.  I trimmed the panel with a dotted rectangle die and added a sentiment banner across the top.  I went over the coloured dots with Glossy Accents.  

I wanted to border it with rainbow glitter cs but didn't have any left so created my own - I die cut a rectangle of cs, ran strips of double sided tape down the four edges, and sprinkled with JoAnn's multi-coloured glitter.  It's a bit chunky so it left sticky bits of the tape exposed so I took a fine clear glitter and added it over the coloured glitter to fill in all the sticky bits of tape.

We'd love you to check out the rest of the inspiration from our Peace on Earth Design Team, and if you're inspired by our mood board, or prefer to make an anything Christmas card, we'd love to have you join us.









Supplies:
Stamps - Lavinia Christmas tree, unknown sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - alcohol markers, Sizzix Dotted Rectangle die, banner die, Spellbinders rectangle die, double-sided tape, JoAnn's multi-coloured chunky glitter, MS fine clear glitter, Glossy Accents

8 comments:

  1. A beautifully created card, the pretty glitter colors really set off the colorful tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun holiday tree ... love your beautiful coloring! Fabulous holiday inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty tree Susan and a great take on the given mood board with the rainbow of colours on the baubles, and the background multi coloured glitter on a piece of card makes a wonderful background, and finished with a lovely sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the shine on the tree. You are so clever to make your own rainbow glitter and it looks good framing the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this tree with the colorful decorations and when I zoomed in on that glittery border, my jaw dropped! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see a rainbow in your tree: it's gorgeous!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your rainbow-themed Christmas card. The image is fantastic. I love the way you've created your own rainbow coloured frame. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having seen how you decorated your Lavinia tree now I can't wait to ink mine up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.