A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 26 September 2024

A Poinsettia and a Pony

52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants flowers on a Christmas card.  What better than a poinsettia?  I'm also adding it to Rudolph Days.


Stamped and watercoloured, framed with a pierced dot frame (cut twice and stacked for more dimension), gold pearl drops added to the centre of the flower and glossy accents added to the berries.

For ABC Christmas Challenge "S is for Stencils", I stencilled snowflakes in the background.  It's also for Sweet Stampin' "For a Child" - that child could have been me as I spent my childhood longing for a pony!  And for Stamping Sensations "Animals'.


I did the stencilling first and then put the panel in my MISTI so that I could get a good impression with my black stamping.

    Please grab our logo Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog










Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - poinsettia, sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - MFT pierced rectangle frame, watercolour paints, glossy accents, gold pearl drops

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Isobel Craft Collection Thelwell stamps, Penny Black sentiment, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Broken China
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TCW snowflake mask

3 comments:

  1. The poinsettia and foliage is very prettily watercoloured Susan, and I love the added frame and lovely strip sentiment, and the second with the sweet little pony and for sale sign is perfect for a horse/pony lover, and the stencilled snowflakes look great in the corner also a fun complementary sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous cards Susan!! LOVE your large poinsettia - beautifully watercoloured and so pretty with the double-stitched frame. LOVE your pony image and it's so sweet with the pretty stenciling in the corner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful Poisnettia and love the second one (dare I say a note along those lines worked very well with Granny for one of my Granddaughters). Many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.