A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 22 September 2024

Too Many Reindeer and a Lot of Sweet Peas

Shopping our Stash's challenge is called "Don't Really Need Another One" - use something that is our weakness and we buy too many of.  I really do have too many reindeer dies!

I created a background by sprinkling blue and green Magicals powders on photo paper, spritzing with water, and letting the colours run and dry naturally. When dry, I trimmed the panel, added a torn white cs snowy ground and two die cut reindeer. The panel is matted with black cs and the sentiment is made with a wax seal kit. It might be hard to read in the photo but it says Merry Christmas.  Here's a close-up of the seal:


The Flower Challenge wants a stamped flower.

A simple stamped and watercoloured image, with a vertical sentiment. It's larger than my usual A2 as it's a big image.

Grab Our Badge! 









Supplies for card 1:
Paper - white and black cs, photo paper
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and green Magicals, reindeer dies, sealing wax set

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Stamps Happen Sweet Peas, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs
Size - 6.25x4.75"
Accessories - watercolour paints


7 comments:

  1. Can you have too many reindeer? These are perfection with your lovely background and super-cool seal ... so glad you joined us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too many reindeer? Nah! Can't be! There's just enough on this card with the pretty Magical background! The bouquet of sweet peas is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Magicals make a beautiful background Susan, and the two reindeer in the snow look wonderful over the top and the sentiment looks great using a wax seal, and also the watercoloured sweet peas are gorgeous...I love the pink and purple tones. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with having your very own herd of reindeer! Both cards are great. That vase of flowers is gorgeous and I haven't seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic!! To many reindeer dies...but they are so magical!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our "Don't need another one" confessions challenge!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS530

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the beautiful magical background for your reindeer. That wax seal is cool!! LOVE your beautiful bouquet of sweet peas. I can almost smell the lovely fragrance. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reindeer card, the wax seal just tops it off. I must make a few to add to my Christmas cards :) Sweet peas are one of my favourite flowers, such delicate colours

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.