A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 3 September 2022

Shining Stars, Sparkling Reindeer

Hideko is the host of this month's CAS Christmas challenge.  She would like to see Sparkle and / or Shine.  I went with both in this card:



I found a scrap of black cs in my backgrounds box that I'd sprinkled with copper Magicals and spritzed with water - it wasn't very effective but you can see a bit of the Magicals shimmer around the stars. I used it as a base to create a night sky with copper embossing paste through a star stencil - this gives a wonderful shine. The reindeer is die cut from sparkly copper shimmer cs.

We'd love to have you join us at CAS Christmas.  There is lots more inspiration from our wonderful Guest Designer, JoAnn (Crafty Nana's Blog) and the rest of the Design Team.  You have until September 24th to link up your CAS card featuring Sparkle and / or Shine.










Supplies:
Stamps - A Muse sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Copper
Paper - white and black cs, copper shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Penny Black reindeer die, star stencil, copper Magicals, copper embossing paste, copper embossing powder, fun foam

14 comments:

  1. The copper on the black background really shines. Love the die cut deer. Very pretty and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful scene of the reindeer flying through the dark starry sky Susan! So pretty in the copper and black! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the layers of sparkle and shine with your stars and your copper reindeer is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful reindeer and an awesome night sky, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, pretty sparkle and shine all over the card, Susan! The shine of the copper stars and the sparkle of the copper reindeer are amazing against the night sky. I can see the Magical's shimmery effect in the background too!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Susan! LOVE copper and black ... so beautiful and elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you saved your copper background with the Magicals Susan, as it made a perfect backdrop for the copper embossed stars and that gorgeous deer die cut from the sparkly copper cs...beautiful, beautiful card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous reindeer and background, Susan - perfect in copper!! Thanks for the inspiration at CAS Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sparkly deer looks so elegant leaping through the stars! Wonderful card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, this is so beautiful with your shimmery background and the leaping deer in the copper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Copper is the one metallic I don’t use very often, if at alll, but it looks ”magical” on the black. It must look even more shimmery IRL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Using copper for your black background was a genius idea, Susan...I LOVE this card! I think it's time for me to find my copper cs...Thank you for inspiring me ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really lovely die cut dancing across the magical sky. Full of Christmas sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a striking card, Susan! The copper stars on black is a wonderful background with the sparkle of the die cut deer! Sue N

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.