A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 23 September 2022

A Hot Drink for Winter

I'm trying to get back into making cards and blogging after my vacation.  I seem to have come home feeling very lethargic - too busy a trip plus I came home with a cough (not Covid) so a bit under the weather.  But finally gearing myself up to write a post with this card for the Christmas Cards All Year Round "Christmas / Winter Hot Drink" challenge:


Stamped, watercoloured, popped up on fun foam on blue cs out of which I die cut small snowflakes.

I was inspired by the Christmas Cards All Year Round photo inspiration:









Supplies:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and blue cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, small snowflake dies, fun foam

5 comments:

  1. This is a lovely "get back in the groove" card. I truly believe in that sentiment and I love your take on the inspiration photo. I hope your cough improves and drinking hot liquid is the best for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that image Susan, makes me think cozy at Christmas. So glad you're feeling a little better, we need to catch up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet image ... love it done in blues. :) Happy to hear you are feeling better. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This winter card is filled with cozy feelings, Susan! It's a great idea to use the snowflakes in the background.
    I'm sorry to hear that you were under the weather after your vacation, but glad that you're on the mend.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the background mimics the pretty mug in the picture, Susan! A great image and sentiment! Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.