A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 23 August 2022

Reindeer in the Forest

Christmas Cards All Year Round wants to see reindeer on August's cards.  Here's mine:


To create the background, I placed the tree stencil on top of mixed media paper, sprinkled with turquoise brushos, spritzed with water, removed the stencil, and blotted with paper towel.

I tore white cs to make the snowbank, die cut the reindeer twice (once out of white cs, once out of dark brown) and glued them together for substance, heat embossed a white sentiment, and added glitter to the line of the snowbank and to ground the reindeer.

Christmas Cards All Year Round posted a photo of a wonderful reindeer cake for inspiration.  The decoration on it is so amazing that I have to share it:











Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - mixed media, white and dark brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively reindeer die, TCW tree die, turquoise brushos, white embossing powder, mixed glitter

8 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I love, LOVE that background, and yes, the cake too! Wouldn't mind a bite or 2 of that right now!! Haha!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the amazing background, Susan! Marvelous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Your work with brushos is always impressive and this one turned out amazing! The torn snowbank is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An awesome background for this stately deer, Susan! Your trees came out so clean and crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous effect with the brushos, love that soft colour. I really need to play with this technique again, it's been such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gorgeous colours with your brushos stenciling, Susan. So cool how there's a little split in the snow hills so you have the colour for shading where your deer is standing. Awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Susan! I especially love the awesome brusho background!! The colors and visual texture are just amazing! The dark brown deer silhouette and sentiment strip tie with the dark brown in the background. The snowbank glitter is a really nice finishing touch!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness, this is a stunning card! Love the background you made to showcase your beautiful deer. I too love the Inspiration Cake photo - too cute to cut into, me thinks :-)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.