A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 26 September 2022

CAS Gilded Star

The Sparkles Christmas Challenge is asking for a CAS (clean and simple) card. 


I sprayed and splattered the card base with gold and copper sprays, and stamped the sentiment.

For the star, I used FlitterGlu and gilding flakes on the star stamp and stamped it on black cs - I'd done this technique on white cs before and wanted to see how the gilding flakes were on black. I then fussy cut it, scored it, folded it, and popped it up with foam tape.

Sparkles Christmas Challenge


Please take a copy of our badge







Supplies:
Stamps - SU Christmas star, Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - black and white cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - gilding flakes, Flitter Glu, gold and copper sprays, foam tape

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your gilding flake star, Susan. It's really beautiful with the variety of colours in your flakes. LOVE it with the black base that shows the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Susan, this is amazing! That gilding really steals the show, and such a perfect sentiment to go with! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This star is a Star! So much sparkle and shine and a gorgeous mix of colors. I would love to hang that on the tree, or have it as the star on top of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Susan! love the gilded star and the perfect sentoiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that works so well. I love the gilding. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the image and the coloring. It's stunning. Love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing over at Sparkles Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing star you created, Susan! The shine and colors of the gilding flakes on black are fabulous! The dimension is great too!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.