A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 3 August 2022

White Pine on Kraft


This month at CAS Christmas, Trina is asking us to use "Pine" as our theme.  Here's my card:

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment and pine branch in white on kraft cs.  Then did the same with the pine cone on a scrap of kraft cs and fussy cut it.  I glued its stem to the branch and popped the rest of it up a bit with foam tape.  Trimmed the panel and added it to a kraft card base, bordering it with a white thin rectangle die cut frame.

Please come and join us at CAS Christmas.  There's lots more inspiration from the Design Team and this month's Guest Designers, Elizabeth (Paper Sweetness) and Lucie (Lucie G Cards).








Supplies:
Stamps - SU Ornamental Pine
Ink - ColorBox white
Paper - kraft and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, SSS thin rectangle frame die, foam tape

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this card Susan. The white embossed pine sprig and cone look beautiful against the kraft base. The added layer of pinecone give it so much presence. Great design, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The white embossing on kraft is timeless, Susan! A gorgeous card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kraft paper and white heat embossed Pine Bough and sentiment image, Susan. I love how you added the thin white frame...a great way to save on paper. I need to check out the die set. TFS and always inspiring me, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan... love the simplicity of your pines in two colors! Thank you so much for asking me to GD this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. White on kraft is so pretty. I love your pine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful pinecone with a branch, Susan! The white heat-embossed image and sentiment look awesome on Kraft. Love the dimension of the pinecone, and the clean and crisp white thin frame!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. White and Kraft is such a classy combo. The white pops beautifully on the kraft. Stamping, fussy cutting and foam mounting the pine cone is a brilliant way to emphasize the challenge theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Susan with your white on Kraft. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a dream, Susan. Pure and simple and divine! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. White on Kraft is so beautiful and you've chosen the perfect image, Susan! I love how you popped up the pinecone, too...Really gorgeous take on our prompt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful with the white pines on kraft, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pine embossed in white on the kraft. Love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, Susan! The white on kraft couldn't be more perfect! I love it! Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.