A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 5 August 2022

Summer on the Beach

We've been having lovely summer weather in Vancouver (even too hot at times, but lots of sunshine).  So a beach-themed card seemed perfect for the Four Seasons Challenge's last Summer challenge.  

I used a stamp I haven't inked up before and created a simple watercoloured scene, framed in black.

The Four Seasons Challenge has a lovely mood board for inspiration.  I saw the image on the top right (see the mood board below) to inspire my beach scene.  I used the colours of the drink for my umbrella and deck chairs.



I'm also linking up with Darnell's NBUS (never before used stuff) challenge.









Supplies:
Stamps - Inkylicious beach scene, Lawn Fawn sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, black and cream cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders square dies

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful beach scene, Susan. Looks just like Vancouver. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is where I need to be in this heat but the closest I get is the shower. A pretty scene and so relaxing. Your watercoloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Susan. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please visit us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and relaxing scene, I am at the beach right now but it doesn't look like that, it's raining...sigh!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect place to be! Your scene turned out so beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful, tranquil scene. I wish I was there now shading under the parasol, it’s going to be another hot day here again today. Thank you for sharing your lovely card over in the NBUS Challenge.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great beach scene, Susan ~ wish I was there! Lovely coloring and background horizon! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely scene, Susan! I'd love to be sitting in one of these chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely and relaxing beach scene, Susan! Great take on the mood board, using the colors of the drink for the umbrella and deck chairs! Beautiful watercoloring.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful watercoloring. Love your pretty scene, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Susan. Love you seascape with those two chairs. It's winter where I live in the southern hemisphere so making wish summer was here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see this card being showcased at NBUS Susan. What a gorgeous scene you made and what beautiful watercolouring! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.