A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 31 July 2022

Stencilled and Die Cut Snowflakes

Very last minute for a challenge at Christmas Crafts All Year Round "Snowflakes":

I went over a beautiful snowflake mask with light blue Distress inks to create the background.  Then I die cut a circular opening out of cream shimmer cs and die cut some tiny snowflakes out of the leftover circle piece.  I glued part of my stencilled piece behind the circular opening and glued the small snowflakes randomly on the stencilled piece.  I then die cut the word snow out of the cream layer and placed it on a dark blue shimmer cardbase.

Look at the gorgeous inspiration photo of a cake that Christmas Cards All Year Round used for their challenge:











Supplies:
Ink - light blue Distress inks
Paper - white cs, cream shimmer and dark blue shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SSS snow die, Spellbinders circle die, Cherry Lynn small snowflakes dies, Rebecca Baer Snow Flurries mask

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Susan, love that delicate stenciled snowflake background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a fan of the real snowflakes anymore, but I sure do like your frosty and shimmery flakes on this lovely card Susan!! Beautiful background behind the circle opening too! And I sure wouldn't mind a slice of that snowflake cake either!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stenciled snowflakes make a perfect background for these tiny die cut snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.