A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18 December 2021

Mice and Hedgehogs

I'm really trying to use stamps I've never used before so thought I'd choose one of my never-before-used Penny Black stamps for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Christmas".


Love these sweet mice and hedgehogs celebrating Christmas together!

Stamped and watercoloured, bordered with black, and a sentiment and a string of gold peel-off stars to finish.

 

Challenges:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Anything Goes or Christmas"

NBUS Challenge "Never Before Used Schtuff"

Christmas Kickstart Challenge "If It's Christmassy, Link It Up"
 

Jingle Belles "It's a Wrap" - any last minute Christmas cards 

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black critters, Stampabilities sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and black cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - watercolour paints, gold peel-off stars

9 comments:

  1. They sure know how to party....Adorable card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet image, it made me smile so big. Cute as can be and I love the gold star banner across the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This set has been on my wish list for ages! So adorable with your watercoloring. Now wishing I had it in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable group, I always love the penny black hedgies and so perfect with the mouse at the front of the line ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling quartet and I love your coloring of that image, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this stamp and have it myself. So fun to colour. Great work Susan! And I LOVE the stars at the top! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my fave PB stamps and I'm delighted you used it, Susan! Your watercoloring is great and really enhanced the movement of the meeces! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! And thank you for the pretty poinsettia CC I received today! It was wonderful to see you last week! Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. This darling card will make any card receiver smile, Susan! The mice and hedgehogs are so adorable! Love the colors of the paints you chose.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at them - so cute! This is lovely, Susan. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.