A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 6 December 2021

Winter Snow

For the Tic Tac Toe Challenge, I picked "Snowflakes, Free, and Winter" for this card:


The tag was an experiment in doing a gesso resist - I spread gesso through a snowflake stencil onto a tag and then smooshed the tag into blue Distress oxide inks. I didn't get a clear snowflake pattern as the inks coloured some of the gesso, but I like the splotchy look of the tag.

I added a glitter cs snowflake flourish and two word die cuts to the tag, and added it to an embossed background. Finishing touch - a little blue bow.

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - I chose the vertical centre row - Snowflakes, Free, Winter.











Supplies:
Paper - white cs, tag, blue glitter cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Embossalicious snowflake embossing folder, white gesso, snowflake flourish die (Memory Box?), Tattered Lace word dies, blue ribbon, snowflake stencil

8 comments:

  1. What gorgeous colors, Susan! Love the deep blue glittered die cut against that wonderful background! It’s perfect for the snowflake embossed card base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful blue glitter snowflake against this fun background. Your snowflakes look like a heavy snow came through and covered them up with a soft blue sky behind them. A very cool look on your tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these glittery snowflakes and the gesso resist background, Susan! This card makes me wish for a cup of hot tea and your shortbread cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the fun technique and I love the pretty tag. Glorious texture on the background and such a pretty card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your gesso resist tag, Susan. Can definitely see the snowflakes ... so pretty with the bright, light blue background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beauty from you Susan! I love the smooshed gesso resist background to your tag and the glittery die cut looks gorgeous against it. Thank you for coming back to play at the Tic Tac Toe challenge! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique for your background Susan - it makes a lovely backdrop for your glittery die cuts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gesso resist experiment, Susan! I think the splotchy look worked better for the snowflake flourish die-cut to pop, because it has many delicate lines. The sparkle on blue is so pretty!
    Hideko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.