A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 18 July 2021

Framed Fairy Shaker

A birthday card for a young teenage girl:


I did a bit of stencilling of stars and dots on my background and then stamped the fairy and sentiment. I created a frame with a piece of acrylic on the back of it and added foam tape to the back of the acrylic. I sprinkled sequins, microbeads, and tiny star sprinkles of top of the image and then taped the shaker frame to the top.

Linking up with:

Seize the Birthday "Framed"










Supplies:
Stamps - Lavinia fairy, Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, Distress Scattered Straw and Speckled Egg
Paper - white cs
Size - 5"square
Accessories - Lil Inker stitched square die, Spellbinder square die, Heidi Swapp Confetti stencil, acrylic sheet; foam tape; sequins, tiny stars, and microbeads

8 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for a young teenage girl. The fairy is so sweet and your starry sky looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bow to anyone who will willingly do a shaker card. This is perfect for young girl! Love the stenciling in the background as well as the clear type sequins and beads you used. I've made one or two in the past but not without an awful lot of aggravation. Great card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Susan, the fairy is even more magical with the shaker ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable! Love the stenciled stars and the matching shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and whimsical! Great idea to make a shaker card for the frame challenge. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty and perfect for a teenage girl, Susan! I'm sure the beautiful fairy and the fun shaker will win her heart!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty shaker card and perfect for a teenager Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet shaker card Susan. The fairy looks amazing with your stenciled background. LOVE all the shine and shimmer from your beads and sequins. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.