A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 7 July 2021

One Birthday Card and One Christmas Card

I've got two cards for you today.  First up a birthday one for Just Us Girls who want script on the card:

I haven't used my old SU Elements of Style stamp for far too long. I stamped and heat embossed it and the sentiment, and then added text stamping and sponging around it.  I popped the panel up on fun foam and added pearls to the flower centres.

In hindsight, I wish I'd kept the sponging a bit lighter but was going for a vintage look.

Next on to a Christmas card for Jingle Belles and Paper Players who both want Stars and / or Stripes, and Addicted to CAS where they want Christmas:

 
A simple card, stamped and watercoloured. The stars are done with a shimmery dark gold watercolour paint (but the photo doesn't pick up the shimmer). It matches the dark gold of the card base. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed in clear embossing powder - but I think my copper ink pad has dried out as I didn't get the depth of colour I wanted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 

 








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SU Elements of Style, Penny Black script stamp, Chocolate Baroque sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Plum Berry, Distress Antique Linen
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, fun foam, stick-on pearls

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black hedgehogs, Paper Smooches sentiment
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black, ColorBox Copper
Paper - dark gold shimmer cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder

13 comments:

  1. Love the vintage birthday card, Susan! And the hedgies with their stars is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your shimmery stars are perfection ... so glad you joined our Stars & Stripes for Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage style of your birthday card, Susan. The inking looks just right to me. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls. The hedgehog card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards Susan. Wonderful vintage look on the first, with a perfect combination of colour and design. I love your little hedgies, an adorable card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That floral image is beautiful and I love the soft script background with the sponging! Those little hedgehogs are so cute with the stars on your Christmas card. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! Love the script background.Thanks for joining us over at the paper players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are beautiful! I just love those adorable hedgehogs...with their adorable expressions and little feet. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vintage birthday card is beautiful, Susan! Love the adorable hedgehogs! I can imagine the pretty shine of the stars.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful care using the SU! stamp. Looks fabulous with the script in the background. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the sweet hedgies Christmas card done in shades of brown - awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful vintage style first card and a super cute Christmas card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my gosh, could those hedgies BE any cuter?! beautiful coloring and composition as well! so pleased you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little Christmas hedgehogs are so cute! Fabulous coloring, too. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are fabulous Susan :) The Christmas card is adorable with those cute little hedgies running about with their stars. Love the gold base and details. Thank you for joining in with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.