A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 3 August 2020

My True Love Sent to Me

It's my turn to host the CAS Christmas Challenge and I've chosen The Twelve Days of Christmas as the August theme.



I used a new stamp that I really like - perfect for the challenge.

I stamped the image, watercolored it, trimmed it and bordered it with a matching green cs, and popped it up on a copper card base.  Truly a CAS card as the image includes the sentiment so it was very quick and easy to make.

Head on over to the CAS Christmas blog and check out the rest of the samples by the Design Team and August's Guest Designer, Meg (Bits and Pieces).  There are also some parameters for the theme, including options for those who don't have a stamp or die that seems totally suitable to The Twelve Days of Christmas.

Hoping to see your entries!









Supplies:
Stamps - ?
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, green cs, copper shimmer cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

20 comments:

  1. Such a sweet partridge, and your watercoloring is beautiful, Susan! Love your copper card base, too...it really makes everything pop on this lovely Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely stamp for your challenge Susan - so pretty with your soft watercoloring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that stamp and the sentiment as well! How fun and how perfect!! thanks for this challenge!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Susan! LOVE this sweet image and how you've coloured the partridge to play off the gorgoeus copper card base. Fun challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic stamp and coloring, Susan! I love how it looks with the copper card base! Great challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Susan, love the colour combo with the copper base and the reddish brown partridge. Great challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet partridge in a pear tree image that included the sentiments...how easy is that!
    Wonderful Christmas Challenge, Susan. I will be playing:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful image Susan and perfect for water coloring! LOVE that copper card base too! Thanks for a FUN challenge this month...had fun making my cards and I'm enjoying everyone else's take on it too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no idea where you'd find that stamp but what a cool stamp for this challenge! Great watercoloring particularly the shading on your partridge. This is such a fun one, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stamp and so perfect for this challenge. The colour combo with the copper is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfect image for the challenge and one fabulous CAS Christmas card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the square shape and anything in copper makes me swoon, Susan. The wide frame is very effective for the wonderful partridge in a pear tree image. Great QACAS design! I'll have to set Hammy to seeing what images we have for your brief ... I hope you're keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card, and that copper base is superb! Love all the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, this was truly a challenge for me, but I was able to come up with a fun card. Fun stamp and great coloring. Love the copper card base.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely CAS 12-days-of-Christmas card, Susan! The image is watercolored beautifully and the copper card base and the green border perfectly match the colors of the partridge and the leaves. Thank you for hosting this fun challenge!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The beautifully coloured stamp looks perfect with the vibrant base card and green mat.Thank you for inviting me to join you this month

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect image for your theme Susan, love the soft watercolouring and the copper base and green frame set it of beautifully. I'm realizing that I have very few Christmassy themed stamps! Might have to fix that lol! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful partridge in a pear tree, Susan, and I love how you colored him!! So gorgeous on the copper card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. really lovely holiday card....well done.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw so sweet and beautifully watercoloured! Take care and stay safe xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.