A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 20 August 2020

Embossing Glaze on Snowflakes

I got together with Christine (in her large craft room where two of us can socially distance) and Loll joined us via Zoom.  The three of us played with our new Distress Embossing Glazes, following the steps in this Jennifer Maguire video.

Here's my card:


I started by sponging my background with different shades of blue Distress inks.  I then stamped the text over it with a grey-blue ink.

I stamped the Visible Image snowflake with Versamark and then heat embossed with the Weathered Wood Embossing Glaze - it adds some colour and shine but allows the text stamping to show through.  The tint in the embossing glaze adds a bit of colour and makes the snowflakes stand out more than a clear embossing powder.

I stamped the sentiment in navy pigment ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. 

I popped the panel up on fun foam on the card base and added a few blue sequins.

This was a great technique that I'll definitely use again.  

If you want to see what Loll and Christine created go to these pages on their blogs:

Stamping with Loll

It's a Card Day's Night (Christine)

 







Supplies:
Stamps - Visible Image snowflake and sentiment, Wendy Vecchi script stamp
Ink - various blue Distress inks, grey-blue dye ink, Versamark
Paper - white cs
Size - 5.75" square
Accessories - Distress Weathered Wood embossing glaze, clear embossing powder, blue sequins, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. this was such a fun technique, one I want to try again especially seeing your snowflake mounted on card. It's so pretty in shades of blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Susan. I love how the text shows through the embossing glaze. And the weathered wood glaze was a good choice to add enough colour for the snowflakes to stand out and show off their shine. So cool! It was fun zooming with you and Christine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to come over after seeing Loll's cards, and your card is SOOOO pretty Susan!! I love all the blue blending and script in the background and your snowflakes although subtle, are just perfection! LOVE this card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a rich background for these pretty snowflakes, Susan! Love how the script shows through but lets the snowflakes show too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Embossing glaze on your stamped snowflakes. Loved how the text showed thru your snowflakes and the light tint from the Distressed Weathered Wood Embossing Glaze. Looks like a product that would be fun to use. TFS wish I could join you on Zoom, but we do not have wifi...only Satellite internet. I will be checking out Jennifer's video. Loved Christine and Lolly's cards too:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful snowflakes with the glaze, Susan - thanks for the inspiration! Looks like you had fun with Loll and Christine; I'll have to check out Jennifer's video which I missed when she posted it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and it sounds like you are enabling me to get embossing glaze! I will go watch the video and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Of course, I love the colour. Looks interesting... I should check out JG’s video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you, Christine, and Loll had a fun crafty play date! This is gorgeous, Susan! It's so cool that the embossing glaze allows the text stamping to show through and adds color at the same time. The colors are beautiful and the sequins are the perfect finishing touch!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just come from Lolly's bell and I love this one you did with a snowflake design, Susan! Your explanation of it embossed over a stamped image made very clear sense and helped me understand the difference between the glaze and regular e/p. That Timmy, wow, he just keeps making new schtuff for us so we never get bored!! I hope you're keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a unique and glorious technique and a stunner of a card. What Fun meeting up with Christine and Loll on Zoom x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.