A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 15 August 2020

Four Calling Birds

Hello All,

It's time to remind you that you only have until August 24th to get a card in for the CAS Christmas Card Challenge, where this month's theme is The Twelve Days of Christmas.

For my original card, I used "a partridge in a pear tree".  For this one, I've jumped a few verses ahead and I've got "4 calling birds".


I stamped and heat embossed the image in gold, typed my sentiment on the computer and printed it on lightweight cardstock, popped my image up on it with fun foam, bordered with gold cs, and added it to a matching cream card base.

While I had the stamp out and computer sentiment in front of me, I made a second version.


For this one, I coloured the stamp with Tombow markers while it was in my MISTI, colouring and stamping until I was happy with the results, popped it up on fun foam on the sentiment panel, bordered with green cs, and popped that up on a white card base.

Head over to CAS Christmas for more inspiration from the Design Team and come and join us with your clean and simple card using something inspired by The Twelve Days of Christmas!








Supplies:
Stamps - Old Island Stamping Co. "Four Calling Birds"
Ink - ColorBox Gold (the first card only)
Paper - Gina K Pure Ivory and gold cs (first card), white and green cs (second card)
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers (second card), fun foam

17 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards, Susan! I love your gold embossing on the first one and how you used your markers on the 2nd card...so pretty! Great idea to use your own sentiment, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great image for 4 calling birds Susan! Love both methods - the gold embossing looks so elegant and the colored one looks very English Country (is there such a thing?!) This was a great challenge this month - really made us look through all of our stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fabulous, Susan! You used the same stamp and layout, but the cards have completely different feelings. The first card with the gold heat-embossed image and the gold frame against ivory has a regal and elegant look, and the second one with holiday colors is more whimsical and festive. Thank you for hosting a great challenge! I've learned a lot about 12 days of Christmas. :-) Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stamp. Even with the same stamp, they are quite different, and yet equally beautiful. Thanks for hosting a fun theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful....using the gold eb just elevates the whole look.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know which one I like better Susan...they are both BEAUTIFUL!! The all gold is so elegant, but the green and gold is just as pretty and adds a pop of color! Lovely, lovely cards and again, a FUN challenge this month!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold is so beautiful and the Christmas colors on the second made a lovely card too. I love them both, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. both cards are beautiful Susan, I love the way your created your sentiment, I'm going to have to remember that one for future cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great take on this challenge, one I would not know where to begin with. That stamp looks great both in gold and in color. Pretty cards, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing four calling birds! You really nailed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two different but equally beautiful cards with this stamp, Susan! Love the elegance of the gold embossing and I also love the colors, especially the deep green of the second card! A fun challenge, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous image that looks wonderful in both colour schemes, Susan. Always great to get a twofer done when everything is out! The challenge has been a lot of fun this month. Thanks so much for coming up with the idea and hosting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Susan - I was getting ready to write my blog and I noticed the monthly image has August 2021 ...not 2020. Do you want to correct?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, both cards are beautiful. The gold one is very elegant and I like the one colored with Tombows too. Great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous stamped image and I love the elegance of the embossing on the first and the pretty colours and colouring on the second x. A fun challenge x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful pair of 4 calling birds cards, Susan! Just love both versions and well done for getting past verse one (where I was stuck - LOL). Thanks again for a fun challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.