A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 15 July 2020

Wise Men for the Nativity Challenge

A reminder about the CAS Christmas challenge "Nativity" ending on July 24th.


Like the card I posted for the opening of the challenge, I'm using another stamp I picked up at a second hand sale so I have no idea who made it.


I stamped it in Archival ink on watercolour paper, painted it, trying to create a glow around the Christmas star.  Trimmed it, popped it up on fun foam, and went over the stars with a gold gel pen.  Very quick and easy.

Please check out the reminder cards by some of the other Design Team members at CAS Christmas.  We'd love to have you join us!









Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous Nativity Christmas
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, gold gel pen, fun foam

14 comments:

  1. Wish I knew who the manufacturer of the stamp was as it's a beautiful image Susan and you've water colored it beautifully too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great nativity image Susan and such beautiful water colouring. You really have that glow from the star painted perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with this awesome stamp, Susan. I love how you did the sky and keep it light around the glowing North star. Wonderful watercolouring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nativity scene, Susan! I love how you watercolored the background and showcased the star...so pretty! Lovely sentiment, too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Susan with the Wisemen on their way to find the baby Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet scene this stamp creates and your watercoloring brings it all to life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely stamp of the wise men arriving at Bethlehem Susan - your water coloring of the image is beautiful! What a great find at the sale you went to! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful find, Susan! This is a beautiful stamp and beautifully colored! Love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great bargain find. Wonderful card. Beautifully watercolored. I like the glow around the star.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful CAS Nativity card, Susan! I love your soft watercoloring and the pretty image of the stamp! The glow around the star is a wonderful touch.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gentle and beautiful nativity scene Susan and a really peaceful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful scene and I love your watercoloring, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely scene this is. Sometimes those great bargains are used more than the most recent sets we buy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. how lovely....hope you had a great time with Loll today
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.