A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 26 August 2020

Penny Black Irises

The August Penny Black and More Challenge is "Say It with Flowers".  I've gone with irises, one of my favourite flowers and made two variations using the same stamp.


For this one, I stamped and watercoloured the iris, then split it diagonally and cut out a small section of it, lined it up on the card base and stamped the sentiment, and then mounted the two sections on fun foam.

Here's the other variation:


Again, it's stamped and watercoloured but with quite different colours and popped up on fun foam on a coloured card base.  I added a bit of black splatter for interest.

Same image, two cards - which one do you prefer?








Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black iris, unknown sentiments
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media, white, and blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

7 comments:

  1. Susan, your Iris is so pretty. It's one of my favourite summer flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Susan. I love both of them equally. Wonderful watercolouring in both sets of colours. I really do like the split sentiment and haven't used it since our retreat. Need to get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue flowers and I really love the design of the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love your split sentiment iris card, Susan. I have not used that design for ages. Thanks for the Reminder. Both your iris cards are so beautifully watercolored. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these irises, Susan! I used to have some colored like the first card. I wish I'd dug some up and moved them with us. I always love the blue irises too. I don't think there's an iris I don't like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful and what a great Iris stamp. The first one, to me is more vintagy and the second one is so vibrant. The design layout on the first card is striking too x.....Nope no favourites from me...Love them both x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are watercolored beautifully, Susan! Wonderful variations of using the same stamp! The split design is so cool!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.