A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 3 June 2019

A Bear Bearing Gifts

June's CAS Christmas challenge is "Gifts".


I used a never-before-used stamp in a Penny Black set that I bought for one of the other stamps.  Not sure why I never inked up this adorable bear!


A very easy CAS card!  I watercoloured the image and went over the ribbons, bows, and polka dots with a silver metallic paint pen.  I bordered the image with silver mirri card, die cut the sentiment from the same silver card, and popped it up on fun foam.

Please head over to the CAS Christmas blog to see the lovely cards by the rest of the Design Team members and this month's Guest Designer, Leslie (Running with Scissors).  And then link up your clean and simple Christmas card featuring gifts!






Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, silver mirri card, ivory cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, silver metallic paint pen, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet polar bear bearing gifts:-) TFS my friend. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polar bear with all the gifts on his back...and nose! Such a sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, so cute! I almost used a polar bear. He's looking very happy that you finally inked him up. Very cheerful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable Susan! Love that sweet bear bearing gifts! Especially love the package balanced on his nose - SWEET! Great shine with all the silver accents. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute Susan, I love the "bearing gifts", great watercolouring and I'm starting to become a convert to the square cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beary cute, my friend! (Sorry, I had to say that.) What a sweet bear and I love how he can balance a gift on his nose! Anybody would love to see him coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you bought this polar bear “bearing” gifts... he’s adorable, Susan. Beautiful watercolouring with fun silver pen details. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable image and one super cute polar bear....Wonderful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling bear with gifts, Susan! Just love your coloring and the silver accents add the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that polar bear balancing one of the presents on his nose! So pretty with all the touches of silver! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.