A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 17 November 2016

Two "x3" Cards

SCS has a great CAS challenge this week - "x3" - have 3 of the same thing on your card, whether identical or slightly different.

First up is a Christmas card I did for it:

I put double-sided tape on a piece of white cs and rubbed in gilding flakes. Then die cut the ornaments and sentiment.

I found a piece of grey-green shimmer cs for the card base and hung the ornaments with gold cord.

The second one is an autumn card:


I stamped the leaf three times in Versamark and embossed with copper embossing powder. Then stamped the outline of the leaf over top and embossed it with platinum embossing powder.

The sentiment is stamped in sepia ink and clear embossed.

It's bordered with copper cs and has copper thread and cord wrapped around the edge.

Thanks for dropping by!





Supplies:
Stamps - the autumn card: SU leaves and unknown sentiment
Ink - the autumn card: Versamark, Versafine Vintage Sepia
Paper - the Christmas card: grey-green shimmer cs, white cs; 
the Autumn card: bronze and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - the Christmas card: gilding flakes, gold cord, Spellbinders ornament dies, Tim Holtz noel die, SookWang tape
the Autumn card:  copper, platinum, and clear embossing powder; copper thread and cord



5 comments:

  1. LOVE the gilding flake ornaments Susan. They are so elegant and shiny. I need to pull my flakes out and play. :) And love the double embossed leaves. Having both copper and platinum embossing on the leaves is so beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those ornaments make me want to get those pesky gilding flakes out! Maybe next week. What a elegant card! And the leaves with 2 shades of embossing are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow both cards are so pretty. Love the gilding ornaments & the great technique & look on the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two gorgeous metallic looks on your ornaments and leaves Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love both cards, the ornament is so elegant with the gilding flakes and leaves are so pretty with the 2 colours of embossing poweder.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.