A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 11 November 2016

Ornamented Tag

My wonderful friend, Loll Thompson, is running her Christmas tag event again this year.


 I'm honoured to be one of her Guest Designers.


My tag is quite different to what I've done for Loll's event in the past, when I've stuck to my preferred Christmas colours of blue, red, and green.  This year I've stepped out of my comfort zone and done quite a pastel background with gold.


I started with some coated cs and sprinkled a little bit of scarlet and yellow brusho, then spritzed generously with water to get quite pale colours.  I let it air dry.

My text stamp was inked randomly with Distress Antique Linen and stamped over a section of the Brushos that I liked. I then die cut a tag out of it.  It's easier to stamp the text first and then die cut if you want to the lines of text to be parallel to the top and bottom - I'm sure you can guess how I know that!!

I added a two-part ornament die cut out of a light and a dark gold shimmer cs, and a die cut sentiment.  Finished it off with some sequins and a ribbon.

Be sure to head over to Stamping with Loll and check out all the tags - I'm sure you'll be inspired to join in!!






Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado text stamp
Ink - Distress Antique Linen
Paper - coated cs, light and dark gold shimmer cs
Accessories - Ellen Hutson "be merry" die, Memory Box ornament dies, Die-namics tag die, gold sequins, gold ribbon



13 comments:

  1. Susan, this is gorgeous! Love that gorgeous ornament in gold against your softly scripted background! The hint of pastels in the background is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan..I do love your gold accents with your pastel Brushos Text background. So pretty and your ornament is just gorgeous. TFS my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is amazing Susan. Love the soft pastel background with the script over top. Gorgeous paired with the two-tone gold ornament. Very beautiful and elegant tag. Thanks so much for being a Guest Designer for my Twelve Tags of Christmas event! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done quite well outside of your comfort zone, Susan. This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Susan, what a beautiful tag! I love the background of your tag, the colors are like Mother of Pearl to me. Love the text stamped on it, that ornament is soooo pretty and the sequins finish this tag off so well. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous ... I love the soft background against the pretty gold bauble, very elegant. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful...the gold adds such elegance!
    Have a great wknd mf.
    hugs,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pastel background is so pretty, Susan! I've found that cutting after I've stamped works out much better. LOL, I am reminded from time to time too! Your ornament with the 2 shades of gold is so elegant! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan,
    I love your beautiful tag. I love the pastel colors and a nice pattern baubles.. Great inspiration, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flourishes just make this tag come alive, Susan! I love your design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great brusho work at having the colors be so pastel, lovely softness. Adding the script stamping added lots of texture, and let the sparkle of this golden ornament just shine out. Pretty dimension with the sentiments & the flourish holding the pretty ornament. It's gorgeous! TFS & have a great upcoming week

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful background, love the text stamp over the pastel background, also love the gold ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous ornament tag Susan, you did well to make the soft background with Brushos and love the inlaid shimmery gold on the ornament.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.