A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 1 November 2016

The Joy of the Full Moon


CAS Mix Up is challenging you to use "Masking" as the special technique in your November cards.


I came up with this card for my Design Team contribution:


I used two types of masking - masking paper to die cut a circle mask for the moon and a hilly mask to keep the bottom half of the panel white, and liquid frisket for the snow storm.

After placing my masks and splattering the liquid frisket with a toothbrush for the snow, I sponged with two blue Distress inks, keeping it lighter around the moon.  When dry, I rubbed off the liquid frisket and removed the masks.

I added a reindeer (die cut twice from bronze metallic cs), a stamped and heat embossed "Joy", and two lines of glue and glitter for the snow banks.

I popped the panel up on fun foam on a stitched border, and then popped the whole thing up on the card base.

Please come and join us up until November 24.  We have added two new very talented Design Team members - Julia from Create with Julia and Joanna from Jo-Jo's Spot.  And have a Guest Designer - Linda S. from Lin's Craft Corner.  So there is lots of wonderful inspiration for you!

Your cards need to be clean and simple, and include stamping, masking, and at least one other choice from the list on the right hand side of the CAS Mix Up challenge blog.  My other choices were die cutting, sponging, and heat embossing.






Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul "Joy"
Ink - ColorBox copper, Distress Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire
Paper - white cs, bronze metallic cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Dee's Distinctively reindeer die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, copper embossing powder, masking paper, masking fluid (liquid frisket), small circle die, fun foam, glue pen, glitter



9 comments:

  1. This is awesome, Susan! Love that starry sky and full moon! And that deer looks so peaceful gazing at the night sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous snow scene you've create Susan. LOVE the splattering of the masking fluid to create the falling snow ... and beautiful paired with your glowing moon. Well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning, the blue gradation is beautifully balanced against the moon The night snow scene is perfect, love ❤️ it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful wintry scene Susan and your masking for the brightly shining moon and the snow banks with the pretty glittery edges, and I love your falling snow in the background and your glittery deer as the focal point. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous moon light glow you created by masking and sponging Susan - the snowfall is beautiful - such a beautiful winter hillside scene! Thank you for your warm welcome to the team! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Full Moon Winter snow scene Susan. I love all your masking, die cut deer and stitched die cut frame. Such a perfect CAS design my friend. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty winter scene with all that masking. It's so fun being GD this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so gorgeous...so serene...wonderful Susan.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.