A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 3 November 2016

Snowflakes and Text

Getting on with Christmas cards as I still need lots!  I find inspiration from all sorts of challenges.  Splitcoaststampers Featured Stamper last week was Bev Polen, aka guneauxdesigns.  I chose this card of hers to CASE in her honour.

I changed her butterflies to snowflakes:



Like Bev's card, I added some subtle text and some small die cuts.  But whereas she used her butterfly die to create a stencil, I used mine as a die cut.

I laid it over a panel of mixed media cs that I'd sprinkled with brushos and spritzed with water and then with homemade silver spray.  The background panel has a nice shimmer in real life.

Thanks for dropping by for a look!






Supplies:
Stamps - SU French Script
Ink - Memento Sky Blue
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - 6x4.25"
Accessories - Memory Box snowflake collage die, blue brushos, homemade silver spray, a blue sequin, small snowflake dies



4 comments:

  1. So pretty, Susan! Love the snowflakes and the sequin in the middle that adds a little extra sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowflake collage die with the pretty blue paper behind your snowflakes. TFS Susan. hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the overlay die-cut snowflake panel Susan. Just letting some of that gorgeous background to peak through creates a beautiful design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the subtle text looks great on the card, also love the small snowflakes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.