A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 8 November 2016

Merry Snowman

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge asked us for a winter activity this week.


What better than making a snowman?  Hard work for the little bird on my card:


A simple stamped and watercoloured image, with a bit of Frantage Shabby Blue embossing powder sprinkled around and heated from underneath.

The sentiment is die cut and placed right near the musical notes as if the birds were singing "Let It Snow".

Great challenge to build up the Christmas card stash!





Supplies:
Stamps - SU
Ink - Ranger Archival Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper, black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Zig markers, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, fun foam, Frantage Shabby Blue embossing powder, Tattered Lace sentiment die



6 comments:

  1. Sooo cute, love this set, love the watercolouring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just used this set but with a very different outcome. Love the soft, washed background and your singing birds! What a fun Christmas card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great image, love the blue wash sky. great watercolouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great stamp set. Adorable winter scene and love the soft wash of colour for the background. The frantage adds some lovely texture. Great card Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, You have used one of my favorite stamp sets. What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.