A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 15 November 2016

Masked Star

It's time to remind you to join us at CAS Mix Up.  Our challenge ends on November 24th.


Here's my reminder card:


Using a Nesties star die, I cut a mask out of masking paper and laid the negative mask on my cs.  I sponged the star with Delicata Golden Glitz ink and then stamped and heat embossed the hanging stars in gold.

I put the positive part of the mask over the star and splattered gold liquid watercolour paint around the star.

I added a gold embossed sentiment, die cut with a Nesties square, and popped it up on the card base with fun foam.

As a finishing touch, I went over the insides of the hanging stars with Wink of Stella - very hard to see in the photo but sparkly in real life!

To fulfill the requirements of the challenge, I have masking, stamping, and, for my choice, sponging, heat embossing, splattering, and die cutting.  And my card is very CAS!

Come on over and join us at CAS Mix Up!






Supplies:
Stamps - Anita's hanging stars, SU sentiment
Ink - Delicata Golden Glitz
Paper - Gina K Pure Ivory cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - gold embossing powder, liquid gold watercolour paint, Nesties star and square dies, fun foam



7 comments:

  1. Fantastic design Susan! Love the stars inside the star! :) Great job of masking and sponging. I can see a little of the sparkle from the wink of stella on your hanging stars - so pretty. The gold splatters are the perfect finishing touch! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job with the brief, Susan, and then some! AND you kept your striking and festive card very CAS, as well!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gold accents, glitter and masking techniques added so much beauty to your wonderful starry Christmas card. TFS Susan. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful star, Susan! And I see the sparkle on the little hanging stars! Great splattering too! This is awesome, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright festive card! Love the shimmering gold sponging, such a smart compliment to the gold heat embossing. Great composition and the gold splattering are the perfect finish :D
    Truly a CAS card, beautifully done, love it. Hugs, Joanna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet design with your little stars hanging inside your masked star - beautiful gold splatter and sentiment! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun card, love the masking for the star especially the way the ornaments dangle (so cute and clever).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.