A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Blue Spruce Tag

My good friend, Loll Thompson, of Stamping with Loll is running her annual Twelve Tags of Christmas event.  Loll makes twelve different tags but also has guest designers each day. So there is a lot of wonderful inspiration!

Here's a tag I made for the event:


I love blue spruce trees so used that as the theme of my tag.  The tree is die cut from a 5 part tree die, edged with a blue highlight glitter, and decorated with small gemstones and a silver star.

The tag itself is mixed media cs.  I drizzled some masking fluid on it to keep some of it uncoloured, then sponged with Milled Lavender and Tumbled Glass Distress inks.  When dry, I rubbed off the masking fluid and stamped a text stamp in Stormy Sky Distress ink.

I attached my tree and a "joy" sentiment, die cut from the same blue cs as the tree.  The ribbon was coloured with Tumbled Glass reinker.

The Twelve Tags of Christmas linky is open until November 25 so do join in!





Supplies:
Stamps - Crafters Companion text stamp
Ink - Distress Milled Lavender, Tumbled Glass, and Stormy Sky
Paper - blue cs, mixed media cs
Accessories - Elizabeth Craft Designs 5 part tree die, Tim Holtz Joy die, Dienamics tag die, Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon, silver star, tiny gemstones, masking fluid, blue highlight glitter



6 comments:

  1. That is one, awesome background, Susan and I just LOVE your colors! I would have never guessed masking fluid on this until I read your description. The rhinestones look fabulous on the tree and the star is the perfect final touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the background with the mix of distress inks and your masked off splats Susan. Looks fantastic with the text stamped over top. Your blue spruce tree is gorgeous with the glitter edging, gems and silver star topper. Thanks so much for joining my Twelve Tags of Christmas event!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning tree for your gorgeous masked and stamped background. You colored your ribbon to get the perfect shade of blue. A real Wow Tag my friend. TFS Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got to try using masking fluid again because I love the look of it on your tag! Love the script background and pretty tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty! Nice design & technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely! Beautiful blue color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.