A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 1 August 2026

Santa and Sleigh

CAS Christmas is asking for Santa's Sleigh.

The image is stamped and watercoloured, then I trimmed it with a mini slimline rectangle die and sponged around the image with two shades of Distress ink.  I popped it up on fun foam on an off white card base.

Check out what the rest of the Design Team created over at CAS Christmas, and then join us with your own card featuring Santa's sleigh! 









Supplies:
Stamps - Crafter's Companion Nordic Christmas, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Chipped Sapphire and Seedless Preserves
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs
Size - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

6 comments:

  1. Love your long slim card Susan! A wonderful image of Santa with his reindeer team, flying off on Christmas eve in his sleigh! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never think of slimline cards, your image is perfect for this. It's so sweet, I might have to borrow that one 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous image that is perfect for a slimline card, Susan. Love your colouring and the watercolour wash for the background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This image is perfect for a slimline card, Susan! Beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sky you created for Santa! I agree with the others, the slimline cut is perfect for this image. Delightful card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Santa hurrying through the sky on Christmas Eve Susan, and the colours are lovely against the quite moody sky and beautifully watercoloured. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.