A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 15 August 2026

Christmas Gifts on a Gatefold

The latest Peace on Earth challenge features a mood board showing images of southern hemisphere Christmases.  I have no use for a "beach" or "summer weather" Christmas card so I took the pile of gifts in the bottom left image as my inspiration for this card.


I folded my card base into a traditional gatefold.  I made a background panel by randomly inking up a snowflake / Christmas text stamp with pink and green Distress inks, spritzing lightly with water, and stamping on watercolour paper.  I split the background in two and added the pieces to the gatefold fronts.  I stamped the image of the pile of gifts, watercoloured it in the same colours as the gifts in my inspiration image, and fussy cut it.  I added fun foam to the back of it and glued it just to the left side of the gatefold.

Here's a close up of the gifts and some of the background:


Here's the Peace on Earth mood board.  Head over to our website and see what the rest of the Design Team made.  Then join us with either your interpretation of the mood board or an "anything Christmas" card.










Supplies:
Stamps - Jofy gifts, unknown snowflake / Christmas text background stamp
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Pickled Raspberry, Shabby Shutters, and Peeled Paint
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.