Two non-Christmas cards today. First up for Try It on Tuesday "Summer Blooms", Time Out "Mother Nature", Seize the Birthday "Anything Birthday", and Triple B "Birds, Butterflies, or Blooms".
Multiple stamping of the images from an old SU set called Toile Blossoms, leaving space in the centre for the sentiment. Then watercoloured, trimmed, bordered with dusky pink and grey/green.
My front garden is blooming with so much lavender right now - it made me want to do a card with a lavender theme. My only lavender stamp is a silhouette one. So I created this card for CAS on Friday "Flowers".
| I decided to play with bleach for the background. I masked a rectangle on a piece of white cs and sponged two shades of Distress ink in the rectangle. Then laid a stencil that looks a bit like lavender over it and gently sponged with bleach to lift the colour. It seeped under the stencil a bit - if you look closely you can see how it weirdly caused the ink colour to pool around the openings in the stencil and I lost a lot of the definition. I added a bit of subtle splatter with black ink. I removed the masking tape and stamped the lavender silhouette over it and added a vertical sentiment and a bit more splatter with white acrylic paint. Then trimmed with a stitched rectangle and popped it up on fun foam on the card base. |
Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - SU Toile Blossoms, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, dusky pink, grey/green, and off white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Spellbinders rectangle layering dies
Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta Lavender Silhouette, unknown sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Milled Lavnder and Spun Sugar
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box stencil. white acrylic paint, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam



Both cards are beautiful Susan, your stamping and colouring in the first is perfect, and in your second I always love a touch of bleach to pull colour off and leave such organic colours and shapes xx
ReplyDelete