A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, 30 August 2026

Christmas Quilt

Christmas Cards All Year Round wants to see thing that start with P or Q.  It seemed a perfect opportunity to make some Christmas "quilt" cards - I not only have q for quilt, but also p for patterned paper.   It's also going to the Snippets Playground Challenge

I pulled out my quilt die and three different scraps of patterned paper that were at least 4" square and cut the quilt die from each. I cut a square from a sheet of double-sided sookwang tape and stuck it on a square of scrap cs, placed one of the outline border on it, and then inset the little patterned pieces. I did it with fine pointed tweezers - easier than using my fingers!

Added the quilt to the card base, and then I created a tiny tag from an old tag punch for the sentiment stuck it on the centre of the quilt and embellished with a tiny adhesive gemstone.

I have a bunch of pieces leftover so will put them together in different colour variations at some point.

Grab our badge!  Player's Badge








Supplies:
Stamps - Wordsworth Wee Noel
Ink - Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - white cs, various Christmas dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Gina Marie quilt die, McGill tag punch, red gemstone

3 comments:

  1. A lovely quilt-themed card using up your snippets.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely quilt card and perfect for the snippets xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt design looks beautiful using the three different patterned papers Susan, and the little sentiment label with the sweet liitle added red gem is a great finishing touch. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.