A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 7 July 2022

M is for Music / Hollyhocks

The ABC Christmas Challenge is asking for either L is for Little or M is for Music - I'm going with M is for Music.


I made a very quick Christmas card with both a musical background and a musical instrument.  I heat embossed image and sentiment, and layered over an embossed musical score.

And a second card for today, this time for The Paper Players' "Green Thumb" challenge.  I love a lot of the old fashioned flowers and one of my favourites is hollyhocks.  I finally I have a good patch of them in my garden after letting them self sow each year.


I stamped them and painted them with the muted colours of my Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains. Added a sentiment on vellum and bordered it with black.

ABC Christmas Challenge

 

 The Paper Players

 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Deep Red angel, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - ivory cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, musical score embossing folder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - The Stampin' Place hollyhocks, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, PTI Vintage Cream cs, black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cosmic Shimmer Botanical Stains, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. What a beautifully elegant CAS card! I love the embossed music background. Thank you for sharing it and playing along with ABC Christmas Challenge ~ Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous! I love your Hollyhocks! CAS perfection! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful musical card and I love the hollyhocks. We used to have them in our yard and we made dolls out of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas card is so pretty Susan...I love the gold, cream colored cardstock, and the musical embossing folder you used to create this beauty! I love Hollyhocks too, but have never had much luck growing them...your softly water-colored ones are absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft colour palette you chose for your hollyhocks card Susan - so delicate and pretty, a lovely CAS card. Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Susan! Love those gorgeous hollyhocks and the soft color palette you chose to use with them. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are so pretty. Love the embossed music notes on your Christmas card. Your hollyhocks are beautifully coloured and must be so shimmery IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful classic image of your angel, Susan. Looks so pretty in gold, especially with the texture from the music embossed background. Your hollyhocks are so pretty. Would love to see those in your garden when they are in bloom. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Mom grew hollyhocks so they have a special place in my heart. These are so pretty, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, I forgot to say this angel is so elegant and I love the music score in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The embossed musical score is perfect for the challenge theme, and the shine of the heat-embossed angel and sentiment must be prettier in real life.
    The Hollyhocks card is so pretty! I remember seeing a picture of your beautiful garden on your blog. You must have a green thumb!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the simplicity of the embossed background and your angel in the Christmas card and your hollyhocks are so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.