A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 3 July 2020

Gold Nativity

Oh my goodness, it's already time for the new CAS Christmas challenge!  And this month, Marcia is our host and wants to see "Nativity" as our theme.


I went with a very CAS card, especially in the "simple" meaning of CAS.  It would be a great one to mass produce as it was quite quick to make.


I put the stamp in my MISTI and stamped it a couple of times to get a good impression and then heat embossed in gold.  Likewise the sentiment.

I did not have a gold cs that matched the embossing powder well enough so I cut my bordering panel, used an embossing dauber on the four edges, and heat embossed it with the same gold powder as I used for the image.

Popped the panel up on fun foam as I always think that makes the card more interesting and adds quality to it.

Please come and join us at CAS Christmas.  There is lots of inspiration from the Design Team and this month's wonderful Guest Designer, Jane (Purplejet Loves Crafts).  You have until July 24th to enter.

The image is a stamp I picked up at a second hand sale and it had no label on it, so I've no idea who made it - if anyone knows, please let me know.










Supplies:
Stamps - unknown nativity stamp, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - Gina K ivory cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder, embossing dauber, fun foam

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Nativity scene, Susan! Just love how you did a gold edge too - less bulk and so effective!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely image of the Holy Family Susan and how beautiful it looks all in gold! CAS perfection...love it!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and shiny nativity scene card, Susan! Creating a matching matte by heat-embossing with the same embossing powder is clever! I should remember that. :-)
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Great second-hand find. Clever idea to heat embossed a matching frame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Susan, I great idea embossing the edge of the paper to match your heat embossed image:0

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant card Susan! Lovelly image that looks gorgeous in gold embossing. Great way to make a matching frame as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Susan! What a perfect stamp and beautiful embossed in gold! I love how you've framed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have the most wonderful stamps, Susan. This is beautiful embossed in gold!! Brilliant way to frame it in the matching gold too. I need to remember that trick as I never can match my mat. I love the simplicity of this one since that image works so well as a stand alone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your beautiful stamp with Bethlehem in the distance Susan- SO pretty embossed in gold - and how clever to create your own gold edge with EP!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, Nativity scene embossed in gold, Susan. And great idea to emboss the edges in the same gold to match. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gold EP was such a great choice for this nativity scene, Susan! I love all the texture and how you created the border to frame out your scene! Gorgeous Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly CAS and so very elegant Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great hint to make the frame to match the card. This is a lovely image and I love the city in the distance. This really tells us the story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Susan, this is a really fantastic stamp set...I love Mary on the donkey and Joseph leading them to Bethlehem...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous heat embossed in gold Nativity scene, Susan. Love how you made your border gold match...now that is paying attention to details:-) TFS your beauty. Stay Safe and Creative, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful CAS card, I love the gold embossed mat too TFS this tip, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.