A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 15 August 2018

Dog Feeling Poorly

A card for the Less is More "Pets" challenge.


I need a get well card for a friend who is a dog lover so came up with this:


Simple stamping and watercolouring on mixed media cs, trimmed with a stitched rectangle, popped up on a black border, and then a kraft card base.





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black dog, Tim Holtz sentiment
Ink - Ranger Archival Jet Black
Paper - mixed media cs, black and kraft cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolours, Lil Inker stitched rectangle, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. I love these images of yours involving dogs and love that they are similar to your own beloved pets. He's just adorable. Love the neutral colors and soft wash in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of my favorite penny black images, he seems to be off his bone so perfect for a get well card for a friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure your friend will get a chuckle out of your get well card, Susan. Love your colored white space framing. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card for your friend Susan - great coloring on the pup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely perfect for your friend and one adorable image, which will surely bring a smile to your friend x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh! What a sweet get well card! Great job of watercolor, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another sweet puppy card! The image is perfect for the subject of the card. Beautiful soft watercoloring also to match. Thank you for joining us at Less is More. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure your dog loving friend loved this! Beautiful soft coloring and I love the soothing color scheme of this card. The stitched die cut detail is the perfect embellishment. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card Susan. This is sure to help your friend feel better. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.