A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 6 August 2018

Copper Leaves

 
Love the Color Throwdown challenge - black, copper, and white:


A while back, Loll Thompson shared her heated copper technique at one of our get togethers.  See her video tutorial here.  I made some wonderful pieces of copper so took one of them and die cut the leaves for this card.  The heating changes the colour of the copper sheeting.  Here's a close up to show it better:


I die cut a white deckled edge rectangle, layered it over a black panel on which I'd stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, and used a white card base.  It makes a great masculine birthday card and I have a couple of male friends with birthdays in September so it's great to have a card ready for one of them.

I'm also linking up to:

Addicted to CAS - Masculine












The Male Room - Birthday



















Supplies:
Stamps - Chocolate Baroque sentiment
Ink - ColorBox White
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - thin copper sheet, Memory Box Fresh Foliage die, Spellbinders deckle edge die, white embossing powder



13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, it's been so long since I pulled out my copper but this beauty is a reminder to do so. Love the clean design, allowing your burnt copper to show. What a fabulous card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing. Love the effect of heating the copper sheeting and what an stunning masculine card. Mixed media and loving it x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your heated copper leaves look amazing, I love the black frame focusing on the beautiful copper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Striking heated copper leaves and colour combo. Makes for a great masculine card. I wished I had anything copper in my stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your copper leaves as the focal point! I'll bet they look even more incredible IRL. Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant copper leaves and color combo, Susan. A gorgeous card for a guy or a girl. When I did my big purge in my craft room I rediscovered all my copper pieces with several already die cut. TFS your design, my friend. Now you really make me want to create with my pieces,
    but will have to wait until after gardening season. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those leaves are so beautiful cut from the heated copper Susan. The close-up really shows the different colours of the copper ... so gorgeous! Great design with the black framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! This is just plain wonderful and beautiful! I really love this card. The copper is so striking and the clean look of the card just enhances the beauty of the copper. Thank you for joining us in our 5th birthday celebration at The Male Room.

    x Lise Mariann, DT at The Male Room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, gorgeous heated copper leaves, Susan! Unlike ready-made regular copper foil paper, yours has amazing depth and texture! The simple white background and the black frame enhances the beauty of the leaves! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your copper leaves. I'm not sure I'd be very good with a blow torch!
    Certainly makes terrific masculine card.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted To CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow..the copper on your leaves is fantastic...great card.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this clean, simple and very elegant birthday card. Love the shine on the copper! Thanks so much for playing along with our Birthday challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susan, those copper leaves are gorgeous and I love them against the white with the black frame. Fabulous masculine card. so glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.