A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 19 July 2018

Bundling Up CAS Style

The latest Jingle Belles challenge is "All Bundled Up" - use 3 or more layers.  Well that is a real challenge for me as I prefer more CAS cards, so I decided to do a CAS Card with three layers on top of the card base.


I have a stitched die cut layer with my sentiment on it, then a narrow green border layer, and then my image layer.

The image is stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with my Gansai Tambi paints.  I've added tiny red gemstones for the holly berries.

I hope this CAS version qualifies for the Jingle Belles challenge!!

It should definitely fit the AAA CAS challenge "Christmas in July" so I'm linking it up there too.







Supplies:
Stamps - Memory Box bird, A Muse sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white and green cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi paints, red gemstones, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die



14 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercoloring, Susan! I particularly love the soft wash you added to the background, something I've had little success with. Yours is so well done. Fantastic CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and adorable and the bird is so striking x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty red bird, Susan! Love the narrow green mat and the larger white layer! It works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job making a CASlicious and beautiful Christmas card, Christine! It checked all my boxes and it's a winner in my book!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you don't mind if I call you Christine, do you? I promise I'm heading over to her place now and I'm gonna call her Susan, just to balance out the dementia! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. too funny Darnell, that's what happens when you spend time with a bunch of gals at a crafting retreat :)
    Susan, your sweet bird is so pretty with the watercolour wash background. Love the simplicity in the layers.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet watercolored Christmas bird image, Susan. I see y layers, counting the card base:-) TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet bird Susan. Looks amazing watercoloured. Great framing with the dark green and white stitched layers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAS with layers is such an oxymoron, but you accomplished it! Sweet card, Susan. Beautiful colouring once again. The red gem stones are a nice touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh WOW! yes, you totally pulled off a completely CAS card that's still got three layers, fair and square! i am really impressed by that and it's an awesome addition to our "all bundled up" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like I've missed a few posts lately...your Poinsettia cards are all absolutely GORGEOUS Susan, and this sweet little water coloured card is CAS perfection! So simple, but SOOOO beautiful...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great example of CAS with laeyrs ... the faux stitching is the perfect touch to add visual interest to the white-on-white ... so glad you helped us *bundle-up* at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crisp, clean and stylish! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super watercolouring and very beautiful! Fab card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.