A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Q is for Quote

The ABC Christmas Challenge this month is "Q is for Quote".  One of my favourite Christmas quote stamps is by Kay Foley and this seemed the perfect opportunity to use it.


I stamped and heat embossed the quote in gold, then trimmed it down and bordered it in gold.  I popped it up on fun foam on top of a background created by using silver embossing paste and a star stencil.

Here's a close-up of the quote so that you can read it clearly:


I'm also taking it over to The Double D Challenges "The Moon and  / or the Stars".

Thanks for dropping by today!





Supplies:
Stamps - Kay Foley
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs, gold shimmer cs
Size - 5" square
Accessories - gold embossing powder, silver embossing paste, star stencil, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Susan! Love the sentiment! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘The Moon and the Stars’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quote Susan. Love those sparkly silver stars! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the gold and silver together and what a beautiful quote X

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quote, Susan! I love that you've used both silver and gold to accent the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh do I love that sentiment. I've seen you use those stamps before and soon realized they were obsolete. Love that you used that awesome quote as your focal. You framed it beautifully too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just new this was a Kay Foley sentiment. I love the stars framing that great sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a quote! You nailed this challenge! Great starry background and fun colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote! Thanks for joining us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.