A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 25 October 2015

Happy Little Stampers Blog Hop

Welcome to my blog! 

Happy Little Stampers are celebrating the second release of their stamps with a blog hop!


Comment on the HLS blog, and then continue on to each Designer. You must comment on all the blogs in the hop to be eligible for prizes.
I love my new Happy Little Stampers stamp set "Thinking of You" so used it for this card:

It's got a great small text stamp that I really like for doing mixed media, layered images over inky backgrounds, etc.  I made a Wrinkle Free Distress background, but instead of spritzing with water, I spritzed with a homemade shimmer spray.  It's hard to photograph the shimmer but it's there in real life!  Here's a close-up of the text stamp over my background.  It's subtle as I didn't want it to jump out at you.  And take a look at the lovely swirly font on the "with love" stamp that comes with the set.  It goes perfectly with my flourish embossing folder border.


The ribbon attaching the sentiment is white in real life - not sure why my photo picks it up as yellow!

The flourish embossing folder also works really well with the two little flourish stamps included in the stamp set - also great for adding interest to backgrounds as you can see at the top right and a bit down on the left hand side in this close-up:


 I finished off by adding a simple white die cut flower.  The card is for my Mum who is currently in hospital with heart and lung issues - she loves flowers and she loves blues and mauves.

I hope I have inspired you today with my card. The designers and I have had so much fun playing with these stamps! Next you need to hop on over to "LesLee's" blog. 








Supplies:
Stamps - Happy Little Stampers
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Ink - Distress Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves; and Memento London Fog
Accessories - white sheer ribbon, foam tape, Memory Box Prim Poppy die, Spellbinders ribbon label, Cuttlebug flourish embossing folder border, homemade shimmer spray

53 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Sue! I love the beautiful background you created and there is so much of interest to see in it. I hope your Mum feels better soon and I'm sure she is going to love this card.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Sue! I love the script in the background!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that gorgeous background Susan. The colours are so beautiful and the shimmer spray really make it shine. LOVE how you've used the flourish and script stamps to add interest to your background ... just perfect combination of elements. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!
    You made beautiful background!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, great background and one of my favourite dies! Hope your mum gets better soon.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! Love that white flower against the watercolor background! I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is simply beautiful ..... I love the colours in the background and the delicate script looks fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have done with the sentiment! Your card is amazing. I hope and pray your mum gets better and I am sure this card will help her on her way!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh what a fabulous background, I really love all that inkiness surmounted by one of my favourite dies!
    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan this is gorgeous, just love the background. Hope your Mum feels better soon. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Susan, this is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. It should certainly cheer your up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving this script stamp too! It looks so pretty with this gorgeous background! Love the embossed panel and white silhouette flowers too! Hope your Mum is much better and home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card - best wishes to your Mum

    ReplyDelete
  15. great card, I love the sublet text in the BG and love those new stamps.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and I love the background with embossing panel! Love that text sentiment for this gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the beautiful colors in your background panel! They really make those poppies pop!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning way to use these stamps, such inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colours on the background. Loving the layout and such a beautiful card, thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Perfect match of the sentiment on this nicely designed card. Sunny regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Susan, your card is beautiful! I love your background. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your gorgeous background Susan is perfect for your subtle stamped images from your new Thinking of You set. I love all your flourishes, esp. the sentiment and dry embossed panel. All your white accents are so beautiful with your background. You mom is going to feel so much better when she receives your beautiful card "made with Love"! TFS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely, Sue. I'm sure your mother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, Sue! absolutely love it! I'm sure your mom will as well--best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning! A beautiful canvas for your flower; love the subtle script image! Your mom will love this, as do I!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great background, a real classic beauty. Well chosen sentiment.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh loving that beautiful background you made to showcase the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Susan, this is beautiful! The background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the stunning background you created; the white diecut adds some sophistication without distracting from the beautiful background; hope your mum feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card, love the distressed background and strip if embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your watercolor background is lovely and the card design stricking!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your watercolor background is lovely and the card design stricking!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome background and the swirly font of the sentiment goes with the image perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  34. The Thinking of You set is so classy and feminine...love the way it looks on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful card!! The background is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a pretty card, love that gorgeous background, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Swooning over your background here Susan and what a perfect card to showcase the classy sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love all the textures in your card.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my gosh. I'm in love with your card.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Very pretty. I like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely card. I especially like the combination of techniques - embossing, die cutting, background.

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow! so much inspiration here. Thank you ! trying that background soon

    ReplyDelete
  43. Nice to meet you Susan. I have been enjoying Happy Little Stampers blog hop and your card has made the hop even more pleasurable. Thinking of You has been a well thought out and designed stamp set, as I agree that little background text stamp is just perfect for mixed media. And, oooooh what a beautiful background you have created. My favourite sentiment is 'With Love' and this stamp is gorgeous in all its swirls. I am certain that your card will lift your mum's spirits and I do hope she is improving. With Love, susan.w

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a pretty card. The text stamp caught my eye on the first hop - lovely to see how you have used it here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Just beautiful. I know your Mum will love them. I certainly would.

    ReplyDelete
  46. How beautiful! Great colours and lovely stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a beautiful card!! The watercolor background is so dreamy and quiet. The sentiment is what makes it just so nice... The ribbon is also the perfect touch...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.