A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 4 October 2015

A Rainbow of Medieval Houses

When I first saw the Merry Monday challenge "Colours of the Rainbow", I was stumped.  Then I had three ideas all at the same time.  I posted one yesterday and am posting another today.  The third idea won't be made in time for the challenge.

For this one, I thought of a stamp I have of Santa flying over a row of medieval houses.  Then I remembered my trip to Copenhagen where I loved seeing all the tall narrow houses in different colours.  So here's what I came up with:

I used coloured pencils to make my rainbow of houses, went over the stars with my Stardust gel pen, and coloured in the moon with Wink of Stella.  A simple black border and a star embossed background finished it off.

Here's a photo of my inspiration, taken on my trip to Copenhagen a few years ago:


It's a beautiful city if you ever the chance to visit it!







Supplies:
Stamps: Crafty Individuals
Paper: white and black cs
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: coloured pencils, Stardust gel pen, Wink of Stella, Crafts Too embossing folder, foam tape

5 comments:

  1. I love this, Susan and I'd love to see the real thing! Thanks for playing at Merry Monday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card and a great idea! Love these multi-colored houses. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! And it really does look like your photo from Copenhagen. Very cool design! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just browsing through your blog... Came over from Loll's...
    I have those houses but without the sleigh. Haven't used it yet. Love them in rainbow colors! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just browsing through your blog... Came over from Loll's...
    I have those houses but without the sleigh. Haven't used it yet. Love them in rainbow colors! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.