A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 19 October 2015

Snowflakes and Velvet

This month's Happy Little Stampers' CAS Challenge is "Paper Piecing" - a technique I rarely use.  I wanted to do a Christmas card so searched for a line image that lent itself to some piecing.  When I came across my Christmas stocking stamp, I thought of piecing the heel, toe, and top with my lovely red velvety specialty paper.


I stamped the stocking on the red velvet paper and cut out the top, toe, and heel, and then stamped it on white cs, coloured the snowflake, and then fussy cut the whole stocking.  The velvet pieces are glued on top.

For the background I used a snowflake stencil that Loll Thompson made for me on her Silhouette.  It's sponged with pale blue ink to match the snowflake on the stocking.   I then used a stitched rectangle die to reflect the stitching around the toe and heel.

Thanks for dropping by!

Supplies:
Stamps: Rubber Soul sentiment, Heather's Stamp Haven stocking
Paper: white cs, red velvet specialty paper
Paper Size: A2
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Summer Sky
Accessories: homemade snowflake stencil, blue marker, red gemstone, foam tape, Lil Inkers stitched rectangles die

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet stocking and I love the velvet and the pretty snowflake! Great stenciled background too! Thanks, Susan, for sharing this with us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan this stocking is so gorgeous. I love the background too! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.