A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 16 October 2015

Triangular Poinsettia

 
This week's SCS Ways to Use It challenge is "Shape Up" - a card in any shape except squares or rectangles. And also add some pink to honour  Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I have some triangular card bases in my stash so this was a perfect opportunity to use one. I coloured my poinsettia with a mix of red and pink markers to get in the pink for the challenge.

I cut a slightly smaller white triangle and embossed it with the SU ef with small triangles on it.

The poinsettia and holly spray are by Local King (a Vancouver company) and some of their stamps come with matching dies. I coloured directly onto the stamp with their markers which are meant to be layered over each other, so started with two shades of pink and added a bit of red at the base of each petal.

I'm also posting it in the Happy Little Stampers "Poinsettia" Christmas Challenge.






Supplies:
Stamps: Local King poinsettia, Stampendous joy
Paper: shimmery red triangular cardbase, white cs
Paper Size: 4" across at base, 5.5" tall
Ink: Local King markers
Accessories: SU ef, Local King poinsettia die

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poinsettia with the holly, Susan! Love the triangle shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An unusual idea to have a christmas card symbolic Christmas tree shape. The beautiful center of the card. A magnificent flower and beautiful holly. Thank you for sharing your Happy Little Stampers.
    Regards,
    BozenA DT HLS CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Susan and the shape works really well. Thanks for joining the Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers this month. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.