The new Peace on Earth mood board has images featuring candy canes, including one of a Christmas tree decorated with red and white striped decorations. I decided to create a Christmas tree decorated with candy canes.
The tree is die cut once from green cs and twice from scraps of cs, and glued together. I alternated the candy cane dies so I'd have some predominantly red ones and some predominantly white ones. I ran silver metallic cord around the tree and hung the candy canes on it (and glued them down). I die cut three small words and added them to the tree. Then added the tree to a background embossed with a rustic frame border.
For more inspiration, check out the rest of the Design Team and see how they interpreted the mood board.

Supplies:
Paper - white, green, and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders tree die, Memory Box tiny candy cane dies, Sizzix embossing folder, silver metallic cord


Beautifully created with the fun candy canes on the tree!!
ReplyDeleteOH how creative ... love it! What a fun & fabulous design! Well done!
ReplyDeleteNot only tiny candy canes but garland strung on this fantastic Christmas tree!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Bonnie, love the garland! The framing is fantastic too. Pretty card, Susan!
ReplyDeleteThe background embossing frames the pretty candy cane covered tree perfectly Susan, and the silver metallic cord zig zagged across the tree with the canes hooked over it is a clever idea, and the three seasonal words finish it perfectly...a wonderful card. x
ReplyDelete