A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 19 November 2019

Twofer Greenery

Darnell's Twofer Challenge has a slight twist this month.  Instead of having the two cards be for totally different occasions, they can both be for the same occasion.  This is to help us get our Christmas cards done.


I love Christmas greenery as a theme.  Here are my cards:


I love this Penny Black greenery stamp.  I've used it with traditional colours before (as I did here for the second card), but have never tried foiling it.  I love the way it turned out, but it is darn hard to photograph.  Here are two shots of it, with slightly different lighting to try and pick up the wonderful shine of the foil:



I used Deco Foil Transfer Gel on the stamp and added gold foil.  I trimmed the image panel and cut a narrow diagonal strip out of the centre, leaving space for my heat embossed sentiment.  The two sections of the image are popped up on fun foam.


My second card uses traditional Christmas colours, with the stamp turned the other way.  

 
I put the stamp in my MISTI and first inked up the leaves with a few shades of green Memento Dew Drop ink pads (their pointed shape make it easy to ink things like this) - stamped and reinked and stamped until I was happy with it. Then did the berries with a couple of red markers and the stems with a brown marker. Stamped the sentiment in brown ink and popped the panel up on fun foam.

So great to get two more Christmas cards done!










Supplies for 1st card:
Stamps - Penny Black greenery, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Deco Foil Transfer Gel, gold foil, gold embossing powder, fun foam

Supplies for 2nd card:
Stamps - Penny Black greenery, Paper Smooches sentiment
Ink - various Memento Dew Drop green inks, Archival Potting Soil
Paper - mixed media and red cs
Size - 5.25x4.75"
Accessories - red and brown Tombow markers, fun foam



8 comments:

  1. How wonderfully shimmery and elegant is your foiled greenery, Susan ... fabulous impact! The rich, traditional colours of your red and green berried sprig are gorgeous ... so deliciously festive and warm! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't know you could put Deco Foil transfer get on a stamp. This came out beautiful. I like the colored image too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a twofer challenge kind of day. Wonderful twofers. That foiling looks gorgeous... great job capturing the shine. Great use of the cut-up technique. Your second card is beautifully watercoloured as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp makes such a pretty Christmas card in the traditional colors but the foiled stamping is breathtaking! Love how you split the design and inserted the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a go-to image of mine, too, Susan. Your foil card brings back happy memories of the last retreat when we foiled and made gullies for our sediment! I know just how very pretty and shiny it is IRL! And it's the perfect image for a classic red and green Christmas card made using one of my favorite techniques! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #22! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning Susan and both so different and both amazing. Fabulous Christmas cards and the recipient will be very lucky x I am away for three weeks so I will catch up on my return x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of your cards are gorgeous Susan! LOVE the foiled version with the split design! And your watercolour of the green and red card is AMAZING! Love it with the dark red framing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful twofers, Susan! The shine of the gold foil is gorgeous, and I love your split design! The layered stamping created fabulous depth of colors of the second card. Simply beautiful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.