A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 17 November 2019

Sweater Weather

Time for a reminder to enter the CAS Christmas Challenge "Warm and Cozy"!



Nothing is more warm and cozy for me than a lovely thick sweater.  I particularly love the beautiful Fair Isle sweaters with snow motifs like this one:


:, right side, view zoomed


So I used a stencil and white paste on blue cs to create this card:


To keep the card CAS, I only used a portion of the stenciling.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on vellum and tucked it around the stenciled panel.  Then added a frame (cut twice and glued together for more dimension).

Please come and join us with your interpretation of "Warm and Cozy".  There is more inspiration from the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Bobby (bits & pieces), over at CAS Christmas.  You have until November 24th to link up.


This is the last CAS Christmas for 2019.  The team is taking a break over December, but will be back January 3rd with a new challenge.

I'm also linking my card up over at the Jingle Belles Challenge where they want something you wear when it's cold outside.










Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Versamark Onyx Black
Paper - blue and white cs, vellum
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, MFT pierced frame die, TH stencil, white embossing paste

12 comments:

  1. LOVE for Fair Isle sweater panel Susan. Great work with emobssing paste ... it's very crisp. Perfect sentiment and a great image for this fun challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous take on the challenge. Surprise, surprise, I love the blue cardstock colour. Great design idea to keep it CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your take on the challenge Susan, this embossed image is perfect in making us think a warm woolly sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this and would love to case this card. What a great way to use that gorgeous background. Now if only my brain can remember what I wanted to do when I get to the craft room. The embossing paste sweater knit looks so real on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how you framed your pretty dimensional sweater pattern ... so very glad you *bundled-up* with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this beautiful "sweater", Susan! The embossing paste makes me think of crewel embroidery. Wonderful texture and the perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is terrific, Susan! I love the embossed image, it truly does look like a sweater! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So warm and cozy and I really could do with that jumper here in Scotland at the moment x Love the crisp white against the vibrant blue on your fabulous card x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, how cool is this? and a very cool interpretation of the prompt! such an fab addition to our JINGLE BELLES gallery! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan, love your blue sweater you have created. It certainly does look warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy sweater texture, Susan, and I love the sentiment on vellum with everything in the frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally warm and cozy Fair Isle sweater panel, Susan! I love this card. It does look like the sweater in the picture and it's beautifully framed.
    Perfect choice of the sentiment too.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.