A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, 8 October 2026

Snowflakes and Trees

I'm getting back to my craft room after a 6 day job (working 8:30-6 each day was so tiring at my age that I was fit for nothing but falling asleep on the couch while watching TV in the evening).  First up some snowflakes for the Cut It Up "use more than one die" challenge.

I definitely used more than one die - several different snowflake dies, a square die, a solid circle die, and a thin circle frame die!

The background panel is mixed media cs randomly sprayed with a silver spray.  I trimmed it with a square die.  The snowflakes are die cut from white shimmer cs.  The solid circle and the thin circle frame are die cut out of a dark green cs flecked with silver.  I put it all together on a white shimmer card base.

Paper Players wants to see "Nature's Landscape".  I pulled out an old favourite stamp of trees with snow blowing off them - a scene I love to see in winter.  I'm also linking it up at Christmas Cards All Year Round "something starting with T".

I created a background with blue Brushos sprinkled on glossy cs and spritzed with water.  I let the colour run to create snow banks at the bottom.  Once dry, I trimmed it into a square.  I stamped the trees and heat embossed them with sparkly Stampendous Marcasite embossing powder.  Added a sentiment and a black shimmer border layer.

There are many challenges out there for autumn themed cards so I thought I'd make one for them: Allsorts "Anything Autumn", Sweet Stampin' "Autumn", We Love Stamping "Shades of Autumn", Try It On Tuesday "Autumn's Beauty".  


The tree and sentiment are stamped and embossed in bronze, with Antique Linen sponging around the tree. It's die cut with a label die and layered on bronze shimmer cs cut with the next larger label die.

I love the sentiment, but can't remember who said it or what brand it is. 

Grab My Button  

Share our logo  Please share our challenge logo 

Pop this on your blog to find us fast! 

Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog   







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white shimmer cs, mixed media cs, dark green with silver flecks cs
Size - 5.75" square
Accessories - various snowflake dies, Spellbinders square and circle dies, SSS thin circle frame die, silver spray

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black trees, Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs, glossy white cs, black shimmer cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Stampendous Marcasite embossing powder, square dies, sentiment label die

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - SU tree, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox bronze, Distress Antique Linen
Paper - white cs, bronze shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - bronze embossing powder, Spellbinders label dies, SU embossing folder


1 comment:

  1. Three lovely card for different seasons, many thanks for sharing one with us at Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.