A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, 3 October 2026

Gold Ornament

Sometimes an image on the Peace on Earth mood board just makes me want to completely recreate it as a card.  That's what happened this time.  See the bottom left image in the mood board at the end of my post.  Here's my card:


I cut the solid die of the ornament out of leftover acrylic packaging, then cut the filigree overlay out of gold shimmer cs.  Glued them together and added them to a pine branch background that I embossed onto dark green shimmer cs.  I used two sizes of hole punches to cut little round circles out of the leftover gold shimmer cs and randomly glued them to the background.

We'd love to see you at Peace on Earth.  There's lots more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team.  Here's the mood board to inspire you:











Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs, green shimmer and gold shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - sentiment banner die, scrap of acrylic packaging, Memory Box ornament die, green/gold ribbon, two sizes of hole punches, Sizzix pine branch embossing folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.