I borrowed some Christmas stocking dies from my friend, Christine, so I could make my DT card for Peace on Earth last week. I decided to use the same stocking die in a different way before I return it to Christine. This one is for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Stencilling", Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Monochrome", Inkspirational "Christmas in July", and Stencil Fun "Patterns" (I used a Fair Isle knitting pattern stencil).
When I used the die earlier, I dry embossed it (see here if interested). This time I stencilled it.
It's a very different looking card to the other one I made using the same stocking die! It's such fun to come up with different treatments for the same supplies!

Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous Christmas Background
Ink - various blue Distress inks
Paper - mixed media and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue Brushos, Sizzix stocking die, Tim Holtz Holiday Knits stencil, blue brad


Wow, that's very pretty and an awesome way to use the stencil!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Stencil Fun Co-Owner
Hi, such a cute stocking, loving the stencilling, thanks for sharing with us at Sparkles Christmas. Caz. DT.
ReplyDeleteOh, I love this stencilled stocking Susan (prettier I think than the embossed version - or maybe just more softly old fashioned?!) it looks wonderful against your watery blue background as well! Thanks for sharing with us (again) at Inkspirational: Christmas in July! Julia xx
ReplyDeleteStunning background and love the stencilling over the stocking. I think this is my favourite of the two cards xx
ReplyDeleteOh what a fun way of stenciling on a stocking! Very pretty and lovely Christmas card! Thank you for playing along with our technique challege at 52CCT. Valentina DT
ReplyDeleteI love the beautiful blue tones you've used Susan to stencil this pretty stocking, and the Brushos with the added text stamping make a great background...a brilliant card. x
ReplyDeleteThe stenciled pattern is perfect for a Christmas stocking, I also think it looks pretty against the blue background. Simple and artsy effect! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.
ReplyDelete