A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 16 November 2017

Watercoloured Sky

We're rapidly heading towards December (and that means Christmas is coming up fast and furious.  So don't forget that you only have until November 24th to link up a holiday card for CAS Watercolour - it always helps to have lots made by the end of November.


I went with a simple Brusho and water background for a die cut - an ideal method for coming up with a CAS card.


I sprinkled blue and mauve Brushos over coated cardstock and spritzed with water, letting the colours flow and blend.

I die cut the stitched tree die out of a piece of white cs and then trimmed it down with a stitched rectangle.  I added the sentiment, then put my layers together, and popped it up on the card base with fun foam.


We'd love to have you join us with a holiday card that is clean and simple and uses some kind of technique or product that produces the look of watercolouring.  For inspiration, check out the other reminder cards over at CAS Mix Up from the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Ina (Little Bits of Craft).





Supplies:
Stamps - Paper Smooches sentiment
Ink - Memento Paris Dusk
Paper - coated cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Evergreen Window die, Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangle die, Brushos, fun foam



14 comments:

  1. FANTASTIC card, Susan.! LOVE the soft colours you've achieved with Brushos, not easy to do. Looks amazing behind this sweet die. Perfect CAS Mix up card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Do I love the colors of that sky! The mauve appears to be a winter cloud. The framing is fabulous, Susan and love the tree line die with this. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant card, love the unique and gorgeous background x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Brushos sky background for your die cut trees, Susan. Your CAS design would be wonderful for duplicating. I may have to do more duplicating this year so I can catch up. I would love to CASE your beautiful card. TFS my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh this is so beautiful! Love your Brusho background! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky behind your white die cut trees is so beautiful Susan and I adore the stitched frame and the lovely sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty sky for this fun die cut! One you enabled me to buy, by the way. I love your stitched frame and the fun font of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the simplicity of the the brusho background against the white die cut. beautiful card :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful....saw this lovely on Pinterest and wanted to see it close up.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had to stop by and tell you how lovely this card is Susan! Your soft Brusho background is so pretty and I just love that line of die cut tree's! CAS perfection...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous. The diecut trees look amazing against the blue Brusho background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome background! Love those Brusho's and you have achieved such a colourful result. Those trees are a perfect frontage and framed to finish. Stunningly CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a wonderfully done bkg..love your card mf.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty Brushos background, Susan! All the white elements enhance the beauty of the sky. Love this CAS card! Hideko

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.