A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 24 October 2016

Autumn Berries

I've done one more watercolour card for the new CAS Watercolour challenge and am squeaking in before the deadline tonight.


I love the way leaves turn colour and, on some plants, berries appear in the place of flowers in the autumn.  Here's my card:


It's a very traditional way to use watercolour - simply painting the image with watercolour pan paints!  As much as I love playing with all the new watercolour mediums (like Brushos and Bister) and all the new techniques, I do still love just colouring my image with paints.

Enjoy the last of autumn!






Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta leaves and berries, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, PTI Vintage Cream
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix die, twine, foam tape, watercolour paints



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful image and beautifully painted Susan. I need to play more with watercolour paints. Great job! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful, Susan! I love the berries and your simple colored image with the fantastic sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully watercolored Susan with your pan paints! TFS your CAS design too. Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful watercoloring on your leaves and berries Susan - great design with the image and sentiment on a die cut panel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.